Moving it Forward

It's Monday and we all know what that means. Time to share all your quilty progress. Hope you had a productive week. I mostly played. After all the free motion quilting I have done recently it felt so good to pull out my scraps, let my hair down and frolic with my fabric. 

 First I made all the the pieced Splendid Sampler blocks I had missed.  I was happy I had talked to Cynthia about her heart. In the Splendid Sampler series it is paper pieced.  I really don't care for paper piecing. I did it with the flying geese block but, when Cynthia told me how long it took her to create her beautiful block and that she thought making fabric and then making the heart would have been easier. I took her advice and made me some fabric. Then made my heart. It may not be as stunning as Cynthia's but I do like it, a lot.
 Next I prepped some stitchery blocks. Technically the dress and spool block is suppose to be paper pieced but like I said I really don't like that method and there was an embroidery option so, no brainer, that's the method I chose.
 I was also able to add two rows to my string quilt. Just three more to reach my desired size. Am I making a dent in those strings.  If I am it's a small one. But that's okay. Just means I'll have more for another scrap quilt. Can't tell you how rejuvenating playing in my scraps has been. I'm thrilled I'll get to link up with Oh Scrap and I May Have a Scrap Problem.
Now it's your turn. Can't wait to see what everyone has been up to and all the quilty progress that has been made.




Read More
Previous
Next Post »