I got some news Thursday afternoon that rocked my world. A friend of my boys was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I have watched this fine young man grow up. He and his brother and sister were a big part of my children's lives as they grew up. 21 is far too young to have to deal with the challenges cancer brings. Cancer just sucks.
I got this news just as I was finishing up the quilting on a Quilty Hug, my little way of fighting cancer. Before binding it I hurried to put a Quilty Hug together for my sons' friend. This kept me from my Friday finish but it was worth it. I had some shew fly blocks in flannel done and mostly sewn together. I finished sewing them together. Then added a border. Cut batting and made a back. I'll be basting it tomorrow and hope to be able to give this hug by the end of the week.While in the mode of making backs and cutting batting I pieced a bunch of gray scraps together
to make a back for my yarn bomb trees.
And just because my way of working through bad news is to try to keep busy I also pieced a back for this Quilty Hug that has been waiting to be quilted for some time.
I hope your progress has occurred under better circumstances. It would do my heart good to see it. Please link up and share.
Read More
ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon